Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 26 Solo for Silicon

INTEXHOMES
Booster

Is there silicon solo version that is available for download? 

25 REPLIES 25

Are you installing it separately and moving your files from 26 intel? 

Yes Sir !

Moving what files? Templates, Work Environment should work. Project Files as well. Libraries will install with the arm dmg, no need to transfer them. 

You need to install the 'arm' goodies, guess the 'intel'- ones from your previous installation might cause warnings. 

We use the full teamwork version of Archicad 26 and have both Intel and Silicon versions running with users accessing the same files and files over teamwork. On the Silicon machines we removed the Intel version and only have the Silicon installed. As far as I know the file versions are compatible between version as are the work environments. As mentioned before the goodies will need to be installed for the silicon version. Be aware though that some third party add-one are not available for silicon yet. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I had to install a new installation of, Archicad 26. It's in its directory now called Archicad 26 Solo Apple Silicon. And I had to reapply all my settings from the Work Environment. Good that I have my .XML files in a separate folder stored. I had to attach all my custom libraries as well. So, it's basically a new version of the Archicad 26. Not an upgrade. I assume I can delete the Intel version now? 

Yes it’s a completely separate application not an upgrade to the Intel version you can import work environments to it and will have to re-link libraries. We have uninstalled the Intel version on our silicon machines. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)