Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 27 Crashing when editing text in elevations — All updated OS Sonoma and AC27

keene kopper
Booster

Hello, 

My AC is crashing pretty much every time I edit any text (labels, text boxes) in elevation. Its also having a lot of trouble with a very simple model thats made into a 3D view and placed on a layout. The issues seem buggy, as I've had AC for over 15 years. My OS and AC are all updated with the latest. I'm hoping that I can figure this out tonight so that when I get back to work tomorrow I can sort this out before my work day starts. Any help would be massively appreciated!

TV / Film Production: Sr. Set Designer
Art Directors Guild, Local 800
Archicad Latest Version
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9, >32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4080 MB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Daniel Kassai
Graphisoft Moderator
Graphisoft Moderator

Hi All,

crash occurs on MacOS 14 when CAPS is on and user is deleting text. This is a MacOS Sonoma bug, that we are aware and we are providing a workaround in AC26 Update 5 and AC27.2.0. 

If you wish to fix this on your own then a possible workaround is also available for this, by turning off the caps lock indicator introduced with MacOS 14.

Please note that this plist edit is system wide, so not only for Archicad.

Best regards,

Daniel Kassai 

Product Management

Daniel Kassai
Manager of Ecosystem, Product Management at Graphisoft

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Barry Kelly

There is an update that solves some of the Sonoma issues (I believe).

Try installing that.

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?section=update&localization=INT&type=FULL&ver...

make sure you choose the correct language and operating system version.

If that does not help, be sure to report the problem to your local support.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry, 

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked for updates through AC and I'm pretty sure its updated to that version, but I'll check tomorrow. Otherwise, it appears I may need to downgrade to Ventura, which is a pretty bad process, but ultimately, this was all my misjudgment for upgrading OS! Ugh. 

Archicad Latest Version
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9, >32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4080 MB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
DGSketcher
Legend

I'm running AC27 (UKI) on Sonoma (Intel iMac 2019) without the issues you describe. It may be worth sharing the crashing file with your local support.

One other aspect I have seen with macOS, if you have auto update on and only put your device to sleep, sometimes things get a bit unstable. I now regularly do a reboot to complete the update & clear any corrupt data that may be lingering. I also wouldn't rush to reinstall Ventura.

I believe Sonoma 14.1.1 is out & brought a number of bug fixes if you haven't done that update.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I'm having the same issue. and it happened only after i installed Sonoma. Any updates on this fix?

Unfortunately, the Sonoma update has not fixed the issue. I'm also noticing that when using Cumulative dimensions, I don't have the ability to change the arrowhead/leader types (if I change the type, the dim does not change after changing the settings.

Also @Barry Kelly , when editing the names of drawings on layouts in the organizer, the name of the drawing keeps deleting it self, unless I press enter immediately after typing — this has been happening since the last AC version, and prior to Sonoma. Anyone else with that problem? It’s quite irritating to be fighting AC to name drawings only to have AC delete the name every time I am in the middle of naming the drawing. 

Archicad Latest Version

I narrowed it down, and i believe is only happening when I try to delete text. But if i highlight the complete text and type over it, my machine will not crash.

I am sure I read in another post somewhere that having the CAPS lock button on can cause Archicad to crash in Sonoma.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yes, that’s the case, no pun intended. 😂

I’ve resorted to holding down the shift key with my pinky while typing. 

Archicad Latest Version

Yes, similar; if I try to edit it while the text box is in edit mode, it does all sorts of glitchy things like all the text disappearing or parts of it disappearing, or the cursor going some where random. Def slows down my workflow, but again, I didn’t head the AC warnings not to update to Sonoma, so I guess that’s my fault. 

the editing drawing names in the organizer (mentioned in this thread elsewhere) is a whole other issue though that’s been going on for at least a couple prior versions of AC. I’m surprised it’s still an ongoing bug. 

Archicad Latest Version