Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Blinking Problem on Windows 7. Please Help need it urgently!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have had working on Archicad 10 on Windows XP and it all went good now I recently get the Windows 7 and when I install and open the Archicad 10 on 3D screen it's blinking all the time. Everything else is working good except the 3D view is blinking, when I hold the shhift + scroll it's good but when I let it it blinks all the time. I have Windows 7 32 bit. and a Graphic Card Gigabyte 250 GT nVidia chipset.

Can anyone tell me what is the problem, how can I solve it and am I gonna have the same problem if I get the Archicad 11?

Please help me as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance,
Mario
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Try a couple of things:

1. Upgrade your graphics card drivers to the latest version.
2. Run ArchiCAD in XP compatibility mode.
3. Turn off hardware acceleration for the 3D Window.

You should know that AC12 came out in 2006 where there was no Windows 7, not even Vista. So there can be compatibility issues.
The first version that could be checked and created to be Windows 7 compatible is ArchiCAD 13.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Mario,

I run Windows 7 and have not loaded in any AC earlier than verson 12. I have had no problems with either 12 or 13 so far. The problem with XP compatibility mode is I don't believe you can access all the RAM which may be a problem.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Karl Ottenstein
Gerald wrote:
The problem with XP compatibility mode is I don't believe you can access all the RAM which may be a problem.
No, running a 32 bit program (AC 12) in XP Compat mode has no affect on the amount of RAM that can be accessed by it AFAIK.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB