Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Can I get a second opinion on a processor overheating issue?

Lingwisyer
Guru
This is something you should be having a computer shop looking at. They would be able to test each part in a system that they know works well and look for any hardware issues.

70 degrees isn't anything crazy that is would be causing your computer to crash...

What temperatures were you getting before you re-applied thermal paste? Might you have heat damaged your CPU during that time?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
7 REPLIES 7
TuSSySwAT
Participant

Hi There!!!. 
I just installed AC 26 in a computer I7 with 32GB ram Dell Precision 3510 (the computer is a little bit old however still working perfectly with High-End software and producing renderings in Cinema 4d) 

Since I installed AC26, I had to install my Dell Power Management and select the option Cool, which reduced the performance of the computer because I started to have the same issue as you. my computer was Crashing because of Temperature issues, and I know this computer is perfectly fine because of the rendering software, and also I use music software production on it which demand a lot of Performance power and the computer doesn't crash.

Looks like the original post Ling answered has been removed as it may have been a spam post.

However ...

@TuSSySwAT wrote:

my computer was Crashing because of Temperature issues, and I know this computer is perfectly fine because of the rendering software, and also I use music software production on it which demand a lot of Performance power and the computer doesn't crash.

Your rendering software may use the GPU to calculate the renders, so won't be stressing the CPU as much.

Archicad uses the CPU for renders - unless you are using the Redshift engine.

So the CPU will be running flat out, possibly causing the overheating.

I have no experience with music software, but maybe that is not taxing the CPU as much as a render would - or maybe it also uses the GPU?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

My music software tax the CPU like crazy and the computer doesn't crash, also I have other heavy CPU software and it's taxing the computer even higher than AC26 and the temperature of the CPU is 75-80 and doesn't crash I've been monitoring AC26 and as soon as the temp reach 75 Its shutting down the computer 

So Archicad is not crashing with the bug reporter?

The machine is just shutting down with no warning?

Have you tried adjusting the 2D Hardware acceleration slider in the Work Environment?

I am not sure if it will have any affect.

Just trying to think of options.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

As I mentioned before I set a performance threshold within the internal tool the computer has and Archicad stopped crashing but now I see a lagging on ac26 panning and orbiting in 3D 

I have the same laptop it seems but with a little less memory than you.

I have no problem running 26, but then I am not doing any renderings with it.

Although I did do some speed tests the other day which included rendering, and although much slower than the machines I was comparing with, it did not overheat.

I don't think I have any threshold limits set.

I am not sure what temperature it is running at - not sure I even know where to look to find out.

It may well be that your laptop is just getting a little old and cantankerous now.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

There's any free app called speedfan that's the app I'm using to monitor de temp 

Honestly I don't really know I have all drives updates and everything. Very very weird