Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Control box and Coordinate box disappears when

Anonymous
Not applicable
I switch from my monitor at work to my laptop screen at home. They are still there, but below the range of my laptop screen. AC 8.1 handled the work/home monitor transition just fine (IOW, it moved the pallettes back to where I could work with them.) Plotmaker does the same thing in keeping valuable work pallettes out of reach.
I have tried toggling the palletes off and on, changing the layout of the pallettes from stacked to horizontal, and changing the resolution of my monitor, all to no avail.

Is this a bug? A Tiger issue? Is there a work around other than remembering to drag the pallettes back into range before I leave? What about plotmaker? I can't think of ANY work around for that because the pallette simply extends beyond the bottom of the screen and I can't reach the "stretchy" corner to change its size. Anyone else experience anything like that?
4 REPLIES 4
__archiben
Booster
i would think that it's a result of the archiCAD 9 work environment being able to store exact positions of your preferred palette positions . . . when i worked with two monitors, i set up two profiles, one that maximised the screen-estate and the other set to the confines of my laptop resolution.

whenever i switched monitor environments i also switched archiCAD profiles. to get your palettes back temporarily, you just need to apply one of the standards profiles that comes with 9 - unless your laptop resolution is way too small!

a quick scan of the manual on the 'work environment' section should provide all of your answers. and, most likely, win you over to a better solution for handling your own particular archiCAD set-up . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
TDabney
Enthusiast
I, and most of the others in my office have dealt w/this - try the "Standard 9 (Low-Res)" setting under Work Env. -> Palette Schemes. This seems to work most often for us.
Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the input, guys. I will make 2 work environments.
Does the work environment extend to plotmaker as well? I had the same problem there.
TDabney
Enthusiast
kegroup wrote:
Thanks for the input, guys. I will make 2 work environments.
Does the work environment extend to plotmaker as well? I had the same problem there.
Yes, PM has the same work environ. options.
Off this topic - I noticed you are running tiger & AC. Do you have this problem?

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=7632&highlight=

Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27