Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

DRAWING WALLS

Anonymous
Not applicable
WHEN I DRAW MY WALLS THE WILL NOT SNAP TO THE REFERANCE ENTERED. THEY CONTINUE TO SNAP TO THE DISTANCE MARKED BY THE CURSOR. WHAT DO I DO?
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable
jcude wrote:
my line is on straight in the info box. ok here are my steps. i click on the line tool. then i click on the drawing area. i drag in the direction that i want i to go and push the shift key to make it straight. i then press the r key while i have the shift key held and the coordinants in the r box become highlighted. i ket go of everything. i type in the distance that i need and press enter.the line stays at the original distance dragged by the cursor. did i overlook anything?

You really should call your dealer or GS technical support to look at what you are doing using Webex. You are wasting an enormous amount of time trying to figure this out. The steps you are describing to draw the wall work EVERY time... so something else is going on.

As you can see from the responses; there are lots of people out here willing to help... but it's time for a call

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have a call in to the gs tech support this morning. i am just waiting on them to call back. by the way link i wasn't trying to get testy or smart. i was just trying to describe my steps. i am totally letting go of the mouse and don't touch it again till i have hit enter.
Anonymous
Not applicable
you guys have been great and i do appreciate the help you have given. what is webex by the way? i have never heard of that. is it the application that allows them to work on my computer from another pc?
Anonymous
Not applicable
jcude wrote:
i have a call in to the gs tech support this morning. i am just waiting on them to call back. by the way link i wasn't trying to get testy or smart. i was just trying to describe my steps. i am totally letting go of the mouse and don't touch it again till i have hit enter.
I don't think anyone thinks you are getting testy
jcude wrote:
you guys have been great and i do appreciate the help you have given. what is webex by the way? i have never heard of that. is it the application that allows them to work on my computer from another pc?
That's exactly what Webex is.

I emailed you this AM with an offer to take a look with webex

woodster
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I didn't think you were testy either, that's just my misguided ArchiTalk humor.

I was going to offer Webex next too. I simply can't think why you can't draw a line. You must promise to tell us what the problem is, no matter who/what was at fault and no matter how embarrassing it ~may~ be!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i just tried to call you and it went to voicemail. you can give me a call though i left you a message at caddworks with my number. i'll be leaving for lunch shortly but you can leave a voicemail and i'll call back or call back later. or if you have another number i'll call you back when i get back in.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'll tell you all what the problem is as soon as i find out and i don't care which of you uses webex i just need it done.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'll tell you that i still don't know what the problem is but woody and i just got on a webex session and now it works. the only thing i did different was that i didn't type the feet and inches mark in the r box. tha is how i have done it at school but i apparently doesn't work for me now, but i have ac running now. that is the main thing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
jcude wrote:
i'll tell you that i still don't know what the problem is but woody and i just got on a webex session and now it works. the only thing i did different was that i didn't type the feet and inches mark in the r box. tha is how i have done it at school but i apparently doesn't work for me now, but i have ac running now. that is the main thing.

Jeremy,

I hardly ever use the feet and inch signs. I'll usually enter 10' 6 1/2" as 10-6.5 or 6" as 0-6. I even do 18 1/4" as 0-18.25. I even let the computer do the adding, so if I had building that I had measured from the inside, I might enter the wall as X 0-3.5+10+0-3.5+10+0-3.5+ Enter. This would give me a wall 20' 10 1/2".

Anyway keep ArchiTalking!

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'll keep that in mind from now on. but now that the problem is solved, let the fun begin. thanks for all the help you guys gave. i appreciate it.