Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

EMPTYING THE TRASH OF GRAPHISOFT FILES

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a major problem and hopefully there is an answer. I am using a G4 Quad Mac. I backed up my HD on an external drive via firewire. I backed up the "USERS" folder, which contains MY NAME>LIBRARY>PREFERENCES>GRAPHISOFT>AC 9.0.0 USAV1> and then COMMAND LAYOUTS, PALETTES, PROFILES, SHORTCUTS, TOOLS, USER PRFRENCES and within those folders, many BIN files, which cannot be opened or unlocked. To make things worse, this same thing is true for ACD 1.0.0 USA V1 and PM 9.0.0 USA V1 and the many subfolders and BIN files under them. Somehow, I can't move this USER folder from the trash to the desktop or it leaves the original in the trash, thus doubling my problem. I have ended up with three USER files in the trash with "who knows how many" BIN files under them that can't be unlocked.
Bottom line is that I can't empty the trash, can't move the damn folders without doubling my problem. I tried moving the whole mess to a CD, hoping to burn it and dump it in the trash, but it leaves the file in the trash.
HELP, HELP, HELP!!!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you already tried pressing the option key while you empty the trash? This typically deletes the locked files. I have seen cases where this didn't work, but not recently.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unbelievable!! I have been using a Mac for many years and thought I tried this as well, but amazingly...it worked! You have started out my day well.
Thanks,
Jay
Anonymous
Not applicable
glad you are saved.. but believe it or not i've seen a friend using AC10 with vista.. he couldn't delete..cut pln files!!!

no way!! you cant delete Archicad files or cut them!!

any way he isn't a good fellow so i considered this as apunishement for his deeds
stefan
Expert
whatever wrote:
glad you are saved.. but believe it or not i've seen a friend using AC10 with vista.. he couldn't delete..cut pln files!!!

no way!! you cant delete Archicad files or cut them!!

any way he isn't a good fellow so i considered this as apunishement for his deeds
He might have to uninstall the Graphisoft Desktop Extension (which displays ArchiCAD thumbnails in explorer), since this works different in Vista then in XP. It's in the archicad-wiki (link is on the top of each forum page).
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book