Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Error message - 3D window will not open

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a client that is having problems with their Archicad. I have uninstalled the software and re-instlled it applying the latest patch. They are on windows based machines running Windows 2000 professional but I did not gather additional information about their computer. When starting archicad I get the following error message,

"File not found, can't open for input while operating on file 'Cadi_NewMenu.txt'"

A similar error message appears when trying to enter the 3d window and nothing shows up. I am by no means a computer expert and do most of my work on Macs, so I hope someone might have an idea about what this error message means. Thanks for your ideas,
7 REPLIES 7
Mike,

I got a call from a client last week describing this same error message.

Recommended a clean install aand haven't heard back since.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaron wrote:
Mike,

I got a call from a client last week describing this same error message.

Recommended a clean install aand haven't heard back since.
I think that is what I tried. I un-intalled the program, and then re-installed it and after installation, installed the latest patch. This did not resolve the problem. If there is something else that needs to be done for a "clean instal" could you outline the procedures? Thanks for your help.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not a Mac guy, but sometimes the guys recommend deleting all Preferences after the uninstall and before the reinstall.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
An uninstall/reinstall will not delete your preferences and work environment files. So if the problem lies there, a reinstall will not help. delete the C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10.0.0 USA R1 folder, if you don't mind deleting your Work Environment.
My guess that ArchiCAD is loading a library part that is using this text file. Or maybe a third party Add-On. Reset the libraries and the loaded Add-Ons too.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mike wrote:
"File not found, can't open for input while operating on file 'Cadi_NewMenu.txt'"
It looks like a master GDL or add-on is looking for a data file. From the file name I am guessing it is a CADimage add-on. If the add-on is needed try to find the file and put it back where it belongs (or reinstall the add-on). If not unload the add-on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all of your advice. I will try these options the next time I am in their office.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I created a Cadi_NewMenu.txt file in the cad image library, it works ok now no errors