Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Flat panels: recommended models?

Anonymous
Not applicable
looking at dual 19-20ish size LCD panels. Better to have 4x3 or 16x9 widescreen? Any brand or model better than others? have been crusing the Dell web site. Using Nvidia quadro 3400 graphics card in P4 3.4gig machine
32 REPLIES 32
Dwight
Newcomer
Just in from PC magazine:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1790162,00.asp
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight wrote:
But, please remember, I am OLD - fifty
Hey, having just turned fifty myself, you are clearly speaking for yourself! May I suggest hanging around a few senior centers to get a little perspective? Really, you're still just a kid (I keep telling myself.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Dwight
Newcomer
That is the kind of self-delusion guys over fifty engage in.

"Old" isn't "Geezer" since we still have bowel control and turn off the element before the water boils dry.

Of course, when I say that, I am speaking for myself. I wouldn't speculate as to your control.
Dwight Atkinson
Well, I'm still in good enough shape that it's not even a topic of conversation (yet). Man, you really need better benchmarks...
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Dwight
Newcomer
Forgive me.

The decline can be sudden.
It helps to have low standards.

You obviously haven't discovered flax seed oil.
Dwight Atkinson
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
It sounds like quite a few of us recently turned 50 . Maybe we need an additional subject on this forum. Should it be "ergonomics" or just "geriatrics" ?

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
As I have passed one of the bigger milestones -- how about gerinomics??? I need all the help available!!

Lew Bishop
P4/2.8/768/nvidea 5600-64/XP Home SP2/AC9 US latest
Dwight
Newcomer
Yeah.

It can get to a fellow - the carpal tunnel syndrome - shovelling in all that gruel.
Dwight Atkinson
Michal Forejt
Booster
Dwight wrote:
I wish Mac could address three displays at once, then you could have two tiny displays sort of suspended around the main one. Sort of like science fiction: BattleStar GallactiCAD.

Just to let you know...mac can handle 3 displays. You just need 2nd graphic card and then it works perfect. I have plan on my main display, navigator on the left display and 3D model + all those nifty palettes on my right display. It's really cool

Michal
ArchiCAD 27
WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-core
64 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Dwight
Newcomer
Thank you.

Be still [not totally still - regular] my thumping heart. Since I abandoned the original card to put in the two-slot card for the 30" display, it is getting dusty - its antistatic bag is, anyways. ooo baby.

now.... what to get?
Dwight Atkinson