Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Foundation Story Height

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Dear Members, I did a quick search on this topic, but did not seem to find the full answer.

We are putting together an office template for general (mostly residential) use and would like to setup an initial height for the foundation story.

In the past I have typically set the foundation story height to an arbitrary value like 5’, just enough to cover what I believe may be the deepest footing. This story is for representing the foundation in plan view, where there is no basement or below grade rooms. Is there a better setting method or idea for the foundation story?

Thanks for any comments. SB
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
1 REPLY 1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's a completely personal preference IMHO.

Like the Roof Story, it doesn't really matter what the height of it is as it's the end of the line. In my US templates, I set all stories to 10' simply for ease of calculations. A 10' foundation story means that if you use walls for foundations, it is as easy to calculate it from the bottom of the story as it is from the top.

Don't feel bound to real-world dimensions for these end-of-the-line stories.

Cheers,
Link.