Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Graphics card for A-24

Jcg116
Participant

Looking for an iMAC to run Archicad 24.  Do any of the following imbeded Graphics cards work with Archicad 24

on an iMAC  [Retina 5K, i7 processor, 32 GB RAM] running O/S 10.15.6 Catalina ?

A)  AMD  Radeon R9 M295X w. 4 GB RAM

B)  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675 MX 

C)  AMD Radeon Pro 575 w 4 GB VRAM

D)   8 GB AMD Radeon Pro 580X GPU

E)   AMD Radeon Pro 570X w 4 GB VRAM

1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein

Hi @Jcg116 

I'm sure you have your reasons for running an older version on older hardware.  It sounds like you plan on purchasing an older Intel iMac, since, if you already have one,  whatever you have is your only choice..

AC 24 will run fine on Monterey (two versions of macOS newer than Catalina), so for security update reasons, I'd at least consider upgrading your OS to that from Catalina.  It's free.

As for cards, Graphisoft has this KB article:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/Recommended-Graphics-Cards-for-Archicad-24/t...

Interestingly, that article mentions an issue with AMD cards and Catalina ... but I had a 2017 iMac Pro with an AMD card and all was fine.

I think any of those listed would be fine - although I would lean towards a card with 8 GB of VRAM if you do heavy rendering.  For normal Archicad operations, any of those listed would be fine.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB