Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Library Part Maker Add On Uninstall

AS7
Contributor

Hi!

So our team has this problem with the library part maker add on.  We had one employee install and add it to one of our files that we use on our local server.  They decided that it wasn't something they wanted to continue to use after a short while.  They only installed it on their computer to do this, no one else on the team ever got the add on.  When other members on the team go to open this file, there is a pop up warning about the missing add on.  This happens every time the file is opened and I cannot get it to go away.  I don't have the add on installed on my computer so there is nothing to remove on my end.  Is this something that I would have to go on their computer?  I don't have a very extensive knowledge on this and neither do they, so we are kind of stuck and I can't find anything about this happening to other people online.  

Screenshot 2023-04-27 082600.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

What @Miha_M said should definitely work. Have you checked your add-on manager to make sure it's not listed in there as missing. if it is try removing it from there too. You may also need to save the file once you uncheck the keep data checkbox.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Miha_M
Advisor

Unchecking the "Keep Data" checkbox should solve the problem.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

I have tried that, however it will still give me the popup every time I open the file.  

This isn't the biggest issue, however it's been a couple months and is incredibly annoying since the pop up prevents the file from fully opening.  

Solution

What @Miha_M said should definitely work. Have you checked your add-on manager to make sure it's not listed in there as missing. if it is try removing it from there too. You may also need to save the file once you uncheck the keep data checkbox.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Miha_M
Advisor

Prevents it from fully opening? You can't open the file after this popup appears? That is strange.

If you could open the file you'd probably need to save it again, as @Lee Hankins noted. Unchecking the "Keep Data" checkbox should eliminate any data related to this addon  in the project file.

If you can't open the file try the Open&Repair route.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

It worked!  I wasn't saving the file after I unchecked the box.  

Thank you all for your help on this dumb little thing!