cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mac OS X Mavericks

Tamas Eros
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Apple released Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) yesterday as a free upgrade. Please find our compatibility notes, upgrade checklist and other useful information in this ArchiCAD Wiki article: http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMavericks
Tamas Eros
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
65 REPLIES 65
Anonymous
Not applicable
When using AC 16 i want try to start AC 17 it goes on crash and bug report, any suggestion?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now definitively AC 17 is dead, impossible to open it I have 3 works I can't modify, it's a tragedy. Every time I try to run it close before I can choose what's the file to open and start the bug description.
Could be Mavericks the guilty?
Also last hot fix cannot be installed, I changed permissions of AC 17 folder but no running possibility...
Thanks for your help
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
riccardo wrote:
Now definitively AC 17 is dead, impossible to open it I have 3 works I can't modify, it's a tragedy. Every time I try to run it close before I can choose what's the file to open and start the bug description.
Could be Mavericks the guilty?
Also last hot fix cannot be installed, I changed permissions of AC 17 folder but no running possibility...
Thanks for your help
Try to run a full Repair Disk Permission in Disk utility on the Partition where you have OS X and ArchiCAD installed. After that hopefully you will be able to install the latest hotfix.

Another trick that may be useful is to duplicate your ArchiCAD folder, then delete the original and rename the duplicate to the original name. With that you can set your current account as the owner of the folder without using terminal and chmod.
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey,
We are looking to upgrade to mavericks but we're still using Archicad 11. I understand it won't work at present due to technical limitations but I'm wondering if this is temporary until a hotfix/patch is introduced or whether it won't work full stop.

Thanks,

Graphisoft
Graphisoft
oliverl wrote:
Hey,
We are looking to upgrade to mavericks but we're still using Archicad 11. I understand it won't work at present due to technical limitations but I'm wondering if this is temporary until a hotfix/patch is introduced or whether it won't work full stop.
Unfortunately the update cycle of ArchiCAD 11 has been already ended, as a result we are not planning to publish any updates that would help to run AC 11 on Mavericks.

For compatible versions please see: http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMavericks

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton,

That's a shame but thank you for replying all the same, we'll stick with Mountain Lion for the time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
drh64 wrote:
There is a problem with open gl. Restoring my drive back to ML.
Daniel, was this case ever resolved?
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Kim,

You might want to PM (private message) Daniel to make sure he gets your request, as his post was quite some time ago...

Some non-ArchiCAD issues in Mavericks:

I've had a few issues with Mavericks on two machines that I'm finding lots of other people experience on the Apple forums. Finder and all file operations (open/save dialog appearance/population) are slower than in all prior versions of OS X. With my SSD, File Open dialogs (e.g.) appeared instantly in Mountain Lion and previous releases.. but now it can be up to 10 seconds. Ditto opening a Finder window, clicking on a folder and waiting for its contents to appear. 100's of people reporting, and no fix from Apple as of 10.9.1

Mail also reports the wrong number of unread items in smart folders (and the Dock icon). Trivial thing, but still not working as of 10.9.1 100's of complaints there, too.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Karl wrote:
I've had a few issues with Mavericks on two machines that I'm finding lots of other people experience on the Apple forums. Finder and all file operations (open/save dialog appearance/population) are slower than in all prior versions of OS X. With my SSD, File Open dialogs (e.g.) appeared instantly in Mountain Lion and previous releases.. but now it can be up to 10 seconds. Ditto opening a Finder window, clicking on a folder and waiting for its contents to appear. 100's of people reporting, and no fix from Apple as of 10.9.1
Check for crash reports in Console. I discovered dozens of crashes happening during these operations from faulty QuickLook plugins. ArchiCAD was responsible for some of those, but not all of them. The latest hotfix seems to have corrected this. These plugin crashes were causing a substantial drain on performance (also Spotlight plugins) and removing the culprits made a big difference.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
jbArch
Newcomer
I used the migration assistant to move from 10.6.8 to a newer computer with 10.9. Unfortunately I did not catch the warning near the bottom of this page:
http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMavericks

Tried to start up AC17 for the first time, and my screen immediately turned to salt & pepper, see attached file. This affected all programs including finder.

How can I tell if I've corrupted everything as described in the wiki page?

Restart seems to solve it for other programs, for now. I'm going to uninstall AC17, reinstall, and take it from there. Will report back in case anyone else is experiencing the same.
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD