cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Master Layout not visible

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've noticed that elements on master layouts are not visible on standard layouts (was occuring in v11 and now also in v12);
hasn't been a major problem because have been trace referencing the required master layout, but still is annoying. Have switched all layers to show and tried all combinations in the Project Preferences (colour, above/below etc.) to no avail. Has anyone had same issue (indicating it's not just me inadvertantly changing a setting somewhere) or can shed some light on this?
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
"vfrontiers" wrote:
Just for fun...

2. At any given time, one master may disappear, yet changing to a different master would show layout items (no, changing back did not bring the other missing items back)

3. Closing and opening the file would always bring them back, until (I believe) the next SAVE. Then items would be missing again.

I had the same problem in v12 excpet it was only one of the masters disapearing. all the others would show when I changed them on the layout. So I copied the all the info from dodgy master and pasted it into a new one and then deleted the old one. it now seems to work fine.
__archiben
Booster
there have been a few threads about this . . .

i was getting it and suspected cadimage's revision manager to be the culprit: when a master layout is made active there is something in the add on that flicks the layer visibility around to show the revision objects.

i have been without it for a while now and haven't had the issue recur. (and to be honest, the speed of archicad working in the layout windows increased SIGNIFICANTLY as well).

could all of you having the problem state whether or not you're running that add-on?

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not using CT revision manager.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master Layout items disappearing from layouts (and not being printed when generating pdfs) is definitely a bug in Version 12.

Does anyone know if Graphisoft is aware of this? The only solution I have found is to close the file, re open (often multiple times), and painfully step through every sheet. Unfortunately I have to repeat after I generate a pdf...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found the cause of my problem to be a .jpg on the master layout. I deleted it and copied a new one from one of the working masters. It's been fine since!
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I am not using Cadimage Tools...

To me, it is associated with Teamwork, but not exclusively.

Again, closing the file and reopening fixed it until the next SAVE; then the master items would disappear.

BTW... they are THERE... you can open the master layout and see them and edit them, but they do not show on the layouts they are assigned to nor do they print.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
My experience is that the problem occurs whether I am using teamwork or not, and it does not seem to be related to any of the other conditions users have posted about... it comes and goes at random.

Interestingly enough, this problem did not occur when I first started using V12. Perhaps it is the result of one of the patches?
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Can you please check if this is still an issue with Hotfix#2 (2325)? We fixed a bug that may cure this problem too.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gergely,

Thanks for the reply, I have the new hotfix - I'll watch to see if the problem still exists.

Don
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gergely,

I have noticed the proplem still exists - I have seen it in more than one pln file, in both versions 12 and 11, and both on a PC and on a MAC...

Don