cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mouse recommendation for ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
What mouse devices will not conflicting with CAD software? thank you
11 REPLIES 11
Eduardo Rolon
If it works with your computer it works with CAD, though some are more efficient than others and preference varies by user.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
If it works with your computer it works with CAD, though some are more efficient than others and preference varies by user.

logitech mouses dont work as it should with archicad . . .

Can someone from GS fix this issue finaly with AC
Eduardo Rolon
Strange that Logitech mouses don't work with AC, I have been using them since AC8.

The side scroll issue is a problem of Logitech and it has been "repaired" in their New mouse. If you have older mouses and you run OS X you the recommendation is that you do not install Logitech Drivers (used to cause problems and I have not checked recently) and instead use USB Overdrive ($20 donation) or SteerMouse (30 day trial $20 after that).
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Gerald Hoffman
Enthusiast
I use a Logitech Trackman Wheel which is very fast once you get used to it and it works fine with AC up to 11 anyway on PC. I did have a problem with the center scroll wheel once when I updated the Mouseware to the very latest version and had to go back to previous ones. The newer mouseware seems to be optimized for gaming and obviously added some functions which I didn't need and were conflicting.
Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-5030 USA
2019 MacBook Pro (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to find an ergonomic , preferrablly cordless mouse that would have as good wheel as Apple's mighty mouse.

Mighty mouse is good in other ways but using it as a 2-buttoned doesn't work too well (doesn't always recognise 2nd click since the cover is made of one piece. It isn't too ergonomic either. Damn them designers 😉

I found a Logitech mouse good in other ways but the wheel was just so poor - it's huge (the wheel I mean) and scrolling is terrible.
Dwight
Newcomer
Medium sized Wacom tablet with mouse.

no battery. very light. no cord - rides on tablet.
four buttons, scroll wheel. scroll wheel click.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
SetPoint from version 4.60.122 finally works with AC. I was working with Logitech Tech support on that since I bought my Revolution. It works great now. Awesome mouse.
Eduardo Rolon
Miki wrote:
SetPoint from version 4.60.122 finally works with AC. I was working with Logitech Tech support on that since I bought my Revolution. It works great now. Awesome mouse.
Just remember that the Setpoint Software was one of the main causes for failed upgrades of OS X 10.5, therefore if something goes wonky during an update it could be the cause.
_
Is the Revolution rechargeable and is it WAY better than the MX Laser 1000?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Miki wrote:
FINALLY! I'm glad I check this topic as it reminded me to updated to the most recent Set Point. Now The MX1000 works great with AC!
Is the Revolution rechargeable and is it WAY better than the MX Laser 1000?
I tried the revolution when it first came out and it's a nice mouse, and rechargeable. But I returned it as I like my MX1000 so much more. But now that the MX1000 is discontinued I will eventually give the Revolution another shot. It is a pretty nice mouse.

Jim