Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Newbie 3D question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm an AutoCAD user who's just started to learn ArchiCAD. I'm really stuck on one thing. I can't get anything to show up in the 3D perspective window (parallell projection works fine). All I get is a little cloudlike cursor icon, and I can't do anything. I've been looking through manuals and help files, but with no luck so far. I'm using ArchiCAD 7.
12 REPLIES 12
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Although from the start this has seemed like our plant friend may be looking away from the building (or above/below it), there could me a huge number of reasons. I heard a story where an ArchiCAD reseller spent 1/2 an hour on the phone with a client who had positioned his camera smack dab in the middle of a wall!

I have spent a similar amount of time on the phone due to an unexpected cutaway, and more recently was fooled (and embarrassed) by the ol' Image>Elements to Show in 3D. Sometimes it's just too easy.

The list could go on.... minuscule marquee, a VR scene is current, transparent walls in OpenGL, etc, etc, etc.

Please tell us what it is when you find out - my money is that you've turned your back on your model, so to speak...

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll try your suggestions out when I get back into the office on Monday, and report back to you. 😉 In my demo version at home everything works fine.

It's great to have the help of a forum like this when having to learn a new app at short notice!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I added a camera, set it up properly, and then everything worked fine.