Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Ok I am new so bear with me...

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I set the grid to 1'x1' and I am drawing a square, how do I get the square 11'9 x 12'?

I know how I can get 12' all around by simply following the grid but have no clue if I need something in between 1'.

I am using ArchiCad 9.

TIA
12 REPLIES 12
Stress Co_
Advisor
KeesW wrote:
If I want to relocate the building on the grid, I select all layers, use the heavy marquee to select all stories and all elements of the building, select the wall or item I want on the grid, and then move the entire building. If there is an easy way, I'd like to know!
See my post above... "don't lower the water, raise the bridge".
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think you understood what I meant, I am not talking about moving the building. You can move the user orion to the building. It is the first icon in the coordinate pallet. Click the icon and click the corner of your building. If you double click the icon it puts it back to 0,0. You can also use it to measure distances.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not recall if I set this up in MY Work Environment (WE) or it came as default (too lazy/busy to check the New and Reset WE settings, but if I press the Shift-Alt simultaneously and "hoover" over a possible origin and release the keys that becomes the new origin. No need to click on the Icon except for the Double-Click to return the Origin to the Global 0,0 location.