Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problems Printing to Kyocera/Mita KM-C850

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having a problem trying to print check sets from PM9 to the Kyocera Mita KM-C850 KX. The workstations are running WinXP on various hardware. The printer is being shared by a Win2000 server.

The layouts print very slowly. Once they do start to appear there are no drawings printed at all, and all text on the layouts, in the title blocks, and in the drawing titles prints as endless (to the edge of the page) undefined characters (empty rectangles) starting at the anchor point of the text box.

I haven't tried printing from AC yet, but all other software works fine.

We are working around it right now with PDFs, but this is going to be a major hassle if we can't sort it out.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
We had a problems with Kyocera at our office too. Never resolved. PDF for the rescue. But still ... I'm scratching my head what's going on. Is it AC problem or Kyocera ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently they have had similar problems with AutoCAD but they mysteriously went away. We are also having some strange output with the PDFs. They're 99% or better, but have the odd stray line or black fill that have no corresponding entities (as far as I can tell) in the drawings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Those black fills are probably background color (usually white pen) from walls or library parts. Big pain with Kyocera. Switch it to All Transparent in Misc Settings. (if you don't need them)