cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

!Restored: WIBU Key won't detect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

On one of the computers here, the WIBU program doesn't detect the key in any of it's USB ports.

It can detect the Network Key, pumped out by the server over our LAN, but it won't detect the one on the computer itself...

I've tried 3 different keys in all of it's USB ports. It detects the AC 7 key right away, but AC 8 is a dud. This is out of OS X on a G4.

Thoughts anyone?
Luc
6 REPLIES 6
Aussie John
Newcomer
have you updated your system software recently? That will cause key not to be seen and you need to reinstall system compnents from Archicad CD
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Luc_M wrote:
Hi,

On one of the computers here, the WIBU program doesn't detect the key in any of it's USB ports.

It can detect the Network Key, pumped out by the server over our LAN, but it won't detect the one on the computer itself...

I've tried 3 different keys in all of it's USB ports. It detects the AC 7 key right away, but AC 8 is a dud. This is out of OS X on a G4.

Thoughts anyone?
Luc
You can also try downloading the latest drivers from here http://www.wibu.com/us/down_wibukey.php

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie wrote:
have you updated your system software recently? That will cause key not to be seen and you need to reinstall system compnents from Archicad CD
Would that include a BIOS update, John? My laptop has been recognizing the key only intermittently, and has also been suffering from major system crashes at various points in the working process, from during modeling to just after the key isn't detected. Dell had me update the BIOS and it hasn't helped.

I've sent an email to tech support about this, but figured I'd also ask here, since the topic has come up.

Wendy
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Wendy wrote:
Aussie wrote:
have you updated your system software recently? That will cause key not to be seen and you need to reinstall system compnents from Archicad CD
Would that include a BIOS update, John? My laptop has been recognizing the key only intermittently, and has also been suffering from major system crashes at various points in the working process, from during modeling to just after the key isn't detected. Dell had me update the BIOS and it hasn't helped.

I've sent an email to tech support about this, but figured I'd also ask here, since the topic has come up.

Wendy
Wendy.
You should run a test on your keyplug to see if it isn't faulty.

See image.

Go into your control panel and then open up the WIBU key apples and do a test. If there is some thing wrong with your keyplug it will show up under errors.. A faulty keyplug can casus problems with the operative system..
WIBU.jpg
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben,

Well, I think we've found the problem. I tried to run the applet, and that alone crashed my system. Faulty key, or scrambled driver? IOW, should I just reinstall the driver? The error messages keep talking about usb drivers.

BTW, I don't know why and am trying to figure it out in another thread, but I can't view most images posted here, yours among them. Feel free to email it to me at wendyannh@earthlink.net if you wish.

Wendy
Aussie John
Newcomer
sorry Wendy dont know anything about BIOS snce I have a Mac,
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]