Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Screen Feedback Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am starting to have problems with screen feedback and selections. I recall seeing some discussions of this before but I couldn't find the topics (I admit I didn't take a lot of time to look).

In AC14 I am occasionally getting no smart cursor and no rubber band. Restarting ArchiCAD fixes it, but of course this is a real productivity sink.

In AC12 I have been having a strange selection quirk. It is behaving as if the shift key is pressed all the time so any click will select/deselect the elements clicked on but will not deselect others and also prevents any direct editing such as click to drag or any of the pet palette functions (the pet palette does not appear.

Are there any know issues or fixes related to these?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I get the disappearing rubber-band and cursor too. The only solution I've found is to restart. Another guy in my office says he got it to come back by switching between the 3D model space, 2D model space, and sections and elevations. It hasn't worked for me. I'm interested in a solution if there is one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's one thread, with a link to another at the bottom -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=184304

I notice we are all using Nvidia 9X00 & 8X00 series graphics cards in these threads. Do any ATI/AMD cards suffer too? As I said previously, I never had the problem until I had to reinstall the OS, which meant the drivers were updated to the latest version too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If it is a video card issue it must be more general than a specific driver since I am on a Mac (and Win 7 etc in Parallels) and to guys are using PCs.
Ted Taylor
Contributor
Add to the list, returning to plan view from a 3D view and having both the active floor and the Trace & Reference floor selectable at the same time. Switching windows sometimes fixes it and sometimes a restart of program is required. Seems that this started a few months ago, is sporadic, and erratic. I have noticed that the rubber band issue and others seem to occur most frequently, if I leave an Archicad file open for a while with no activity and come back to it.
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my situation I have found that it is an issue with having a dual monitor. I run a macbook pro with an additional monitor. If the floor plan window initially opens in the secondary monitor rubberbanding is non functional. I have to move the windows onto the primary screen, save, close and restart.

I also have problems with the print dialog box which I have to move to the primary monitor, close the box and then reopen before i getting the full menu of print settings.

15" Mac Book Pro 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB
24" DELL second monitor
ArchiCad 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
When rubberbanding and/or the element selection process has failed (ie: the selection dots don't appear when clicking on an element), I've been able to restore them only by closing the program, doing a cold reboot and relaunching. I can't figure out why or when it happens. The cursor is still visible on the screen in these circumstances, but it has no effect on any element. I have no idea what the cause is; I've just been lucky to find a remedy. I just hope it works again when I need it!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes my posts appear twice. I can't figure THAT out, either.....