Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

The application “ARCHICAD 26.app” can’t be opened.

hpenbeoglu
Booster

I'm getting this error for all versions of Archicad as soon as I start the application. If I update or reinstall, it works, but it comes back again. Recently, I was trying to install the Goodies addon. However, that also didn't work. I thought maybe these two were related and uninstalled the plugin but no luck. Any idea?

BIM Manager, Architect in the UK | AC11-AC27

Macbook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 32 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD | MacOS 13.3.1 (a)
6 REPLIES 6
runxel
Legend

I have a similar issue. Support told me to make a new user profile on the mac. That seemed to work. (Other than that the support was useless, they refused to submit the bug to Budapest....)

However instead I just now rightclick Archicad > "Show package content", then find the Archicad Starter executable and voilà, it comes up. Everything works. Which makes it even weirder.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Karl Ottenstein

@hpenbeoglu and @runxel  - your signatures don't indicate your version of macOS.  Could you confirm that you are both running Intel and presumably Ventura 13.3.1(a)?

If a new user profile works, it would seem to be an issue with a preference file and/or possibly firewall settings (although I thought Mac firewall settings were global across all users).  Let's see if anyone else has some ideas...

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
hpenbeoglu
Booster

@Karl Ottenstein. That's correct. It is Intel and MacOS 13.3.1 (a) 

Macbook Pro 16" 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 - 32 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD | MacOS 13.3.1 (a)

No, it's an M1 MacBook with Monterey for me.

I used the preference cleaner, so there must be something else involved.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

What is preference cleaner?

dnathanc
Participant

Same ongoing issue for me with A26 - MacBook M1 Pro / Ventura 13.4.

Restarting has taken care of it so far, but that's pretty inconvenient when you have a bunch of other apps and content running.