BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Update 27.1.0 not showing up with "Check for Updates"?

Karl Ottenstein

Archicad 27 update 27.1.0 was released yesterday:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-27-1-0-Update-release-and-changes-i...

For me (USA), "Check for Updates" tells me I'm up to date.  I have to go to the download site manually to find this update:

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?section=update&localization=USA&type=FULL&ver...

Is "Check for Updates" working for anyone in any localization?  If so, great.  If not, then we need to let Support know.  Thanks.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
20 REPLIES 20

For me after checking for updates, At the moment INT ver. gives me this message:

Screenshot 2023-11-09 223039.png

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
runxel
Legend

The Action Center does not show me the update (GER).

Clicking on "Check for updates" does not help.

However I can click on the other button "Download updates" (why? you just said there are none?!... 🤔) we come to an equally braindad page claiming that I am indeed using the lastest version.... – just to greet me with a download button for a newer version.....?!?!

Jeez, Graphisoft! Why is everything so utterly broken nowadays?

runxel_0-1699558577281.png

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

UKI check for updates does not work unfortunately. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Karl Ottenstein

Thanks, all.  With 4 localizations all not showing the update, I've contacted two departments at Graphisoft to see if they can get this fixed.  It happened earlier this year with 26 as well... so clearly whoever is releasing the updates is not using the right checklist to get their ducks in order. 😥

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Has anyone read the ‘List of Improvements’? It seems to have far less fixes/improvements listed than the Update Preview. Unless there are separate release notes that aren’t linked yet. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

I never saw a notice about the Preview of this update,  @Lee Hankins  If there is still an active link to those release notes, could you post it?  What's also weird about the tiny number of fixes listed in the online notes is that the issues with Sonoma have not been addressed (or are not listed as addressed) and I would have thought that was priority number 2 (after any crash related bugs ... which does include some Sonoma issues).

Romans
Expert

It is not working with the GER version or the INT.

Regards

Roman

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest

The Intel-based Mac-related viewport freeze disaster is also not addressed with this update.

In my point of view, the very few fixes don't qualify as a 27.1 update.

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest

The link to the Preview Update has gone. Interestingly the Update Preview was called Update 1 and not the new version numbering. There are normally two links with updates ‘List of Improvements’ and ‘Release Notes’, the Release Notes link normally displays a lot more fixes with their DEF codes than the List of Improvements do. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Learn and get certified!