Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

VERY BASIC PROBLEM - STUDENT

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello

As intimated I am complete novice / idiot.
On building wall of brick/insulation/bock and inserting window or blank opening, cannot close the cavity to leave clean opening... either leaf always wants to finish behind the window depending on reveal close in / outor it won't close at all. It must be such a basic thing I am doing wrong because I can't find any reference to my problem.
many thanks

no1novice
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
Please post an image of your problem.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Dwight,
Thank for the speedy reply

problem is as follows..how to get the inner leaf to close neatly on the outer leaf of brick with a flush finish and the window inserted between
like this ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello and thanks for the reply,

I think it might look like this, but without the interupted lines (and arrows). I have used a very basic program that did this without any input from me at all, so this is the reason I feel so dumb. It was a simple process of inserting the window in the wall and hey presto!

thanks