cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

WBKey No valid Licence Found (230)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I've had a forced break from ArchiCad for the last 18 months so I still run AC16
When I tried to use again my licence I got the 230 kick. My operating systems have been upgraded in the meantime to OS X 10.9.4 & OS x 10.7.5 for respectively, my iMac & MacBook Pro
The GS website recommends WIBUKey V6.20a (from Graphisoft WBKey link) ie WkRuntimeUser_6.10.501.dmg Graphisoft says this is OK up to OSx 10.8 http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/protection_key.html This does not work for either machine
I downloaded the latest WIBUKey driver from WIBU Systems WkRuntimeUser_6.30.500.dmg http://www.wibu.com/us/downloads-user-software.html and this works for the iMac but not the MBPro. WIBUKey support says v6.30 should work for OSx10.6 t0 10.9
I have had discussions with Graphisoft and their response was to state that I needed a new WBKey which they offered to sell to me, initially for the cost of two upgrades and a renewed Select contract for two years - $3450. "In good faith" they later called me with an offer to replace the WIBUKey for $330, I may have to take this up although the offer has now expired (1 week to decide) However, If seems to me that the WUBUKey should not have failed as there appears to be very little that could go wrong with it apart from faulty drivers etc, hence my help request. Is it possible the device may be damaged? I have not mistreated it, and it is now working on the IMac but not the MBPro. Is there any away I can test it for physical damage or deterioration?
Alternatively, does anyone have any ideas why the WIBU Key would work on the iMac but not the MBPro? Is Java a likely culprit? WIBU systems says not with their hardware, but is Graphisoft AC16 at fault?
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
John wrote:
To be fair, I should clarify my earlier statement about Australian upgrade costs Costs to upgrade V16 to V18 under "Select" contract $1150+$1150=$2300+CADImage Tools $350+$700=$1050 Total $3350 without "Select" +$880 = $4230
This is out of the question for me until I can reliably start to earn money again.
FYI: With Autodesk your upgrade cost would be something like 70% of the full price of a new version, as far as I know, and from next year it will be 100%, even when upgrading from the previous version. They want to force everyone on subscription by making it financially prohibitive to do anything else.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27