Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Window Text/Ceilings/Steel Beams

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Please find attached windows with associated text. Is there a way for the text size to remain, keep associated with window, but move text to be read more clearly?

2. I have a flat plasterboard ceiling at 2572mm which includes a raised ceiling in the centre of the room at 2872mm. Would this be constructed with the "Slab Tool"?

3. I require a 200 UB (Universal Beam), are there any steel beams in the standard ArchiCAD library or do I need to draw from scratch? If so, would this be with the "Beam Tool"?

Much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Lucia

WINDOW TEXT.jpg
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fuzzy, thanks again for info.

I've double checked, in the Library Manager, the ArchiCAD 8.1 Library is loaded.

'WD Marker' is available
'Custom Settings' is not available
'Marker Custom Settings' is not available

When WD Marker is clicked the 'Marker Custom Settings' remains grey.

Is there a possibility that the ArchiCAD 8.1 Library components were installed in part and not a full installation?
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Weird

One thought would be to extract the AC81 pla library file so you create an actual folder with the Library objects in it. Just to double check could you post a screenshot of your Library Manager settings just to make sure you have got the libararies loaded ok. I've added a pic of mine to compare with.

Other thought would be to uninstall ArchiCAD and reinstall it. That seems a bit over the top but may sort out whatever is going on.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Another thought

Is the drawing you are working in a Teamshare plc project? If it is do you have access to the layer and or storey the wall with the window is inserted in?

I haven't checked this out (and its not the way I remember it) but maybe even if it is a Teamshare Project file and you have access to the layer and storey then it maybe that you have to be Team Leader to change these settings.
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fuzzy

Thanks for all your suggestions.....

....it just so happens, that my mother board fried last Friday and I now have a new computer, therefore ArchiCAD has been reinstalled with full installation and the WD Marker with Settings is now working fine!

Thanks again!

Lucia

fuzzytnth3
Booster
Glad to hear you've got it sorted shame about the motherboard though
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL