Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

dwg file crashes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Running 8.1 E (1450) on a G4 Mac under OSX 10.3.5

Trying to open dwg files generated by AutoCad 2000 brings up theArchiCad bug report screen followed by a crash. Anyone experiencing this? Any fixes? Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Jacek
Contributor
Perhaps it is corrupt. Do you know what version it is? Exactly.
Try to open it in Plotmaker;
New Layout and Import file, see if that works.
Or if you can try to see if you can open it w/AutoCAD or one of the 'Viewing' programs, like VoloView..
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
File opens in AutoCad fine. Tried in Plotmaker New Layout and Import file with same response: ArchiCad bug report comes up, then a crash.
Jacek
Contributor
lifton wrote:
File opens in AutoCad fine. Tried in Plotmaker New Layout and Import file with same response: ArchiCad bug report comes up, then a crash.
How about resaving it in AutoCAD as an earlier version?
Are there other files linked to it (?) I had a problem with something like that, a large site with a very remote reference point (Block?) linked to the original file but not attached to the file that I was trying to open...
Drawing a blank here, not an Auto CAD user.
Sorry
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
Eduardo Rolon
Within autocad run "purge" this will clean the drawing off, then you run from "file - drawing utilities" the "audit" command in order to see if the drawing has invalid objects.
If none of these options work then try to select all the hatches in the Acad file and erase them. Usually most problems with dwg's are with "blocks", "xref's" and the "bhatch" commands.
Also you might try opening in a newer version of AutoCad first since R2000 was notoriously buggy.

hope this helps
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Djordje
Virtuoso
lifton wrote:
Running 8.1 E (1450) on a G4 Mac under OSX 10.3.5

Trying to open dwg files generated by AutoCad 2000 brings up theArchiCad bug report screen followed by a crash. Anyone experiencing this? Any fixes? Thanks.
I know this sounds idiotic, but did you try opening it on Windows?

If the problem persists, I would send the DWG in question to the Tech Suport.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
It opens fine on windows. I suspect we have a compatability problem with Mac OS 10.3.5--data has been sent to tech support. I'll keep you posted.
Eduardo Rolon
Must be a corrupted hatch in Autocad. I have had files that open fine in AC on Windows but always crash on OS X. Have you tried opening the file using either Illustrator or Graphic Converter?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator