Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

can't print out of 8.1 w/ MAC G5 & 10.3.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm running a MAC OSX 10.3.1 on a dual 2 ghz G5.

I can't print out of 8.1, it crashes immediately upon selecting the print dialogue box. I have reinstalled 8.1 to no avail.

I sent the file to my G4 running OSX 10.3.1, but it also would not print.

I downloaded the 8.1 v1 1410 patch but it wouldn't install, indicating that the folder contained improer language.

Can anyone offer any help.
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
Duane wrote:
I can't print out of 8.1, it crashes immediately upon selecting the print dialogue box. I have reinstalled 8.1 to no avail.
You can't print to what? Which printer? Network? Setup?
I downloaded the 8.1 v1 1410 patch but it wouldn't install, indicating that the folder contained improer language.
Of course it won't, it is for the International version. Wait for the US one, check on http://tr.graphisoftus.com/
Djordje



ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Rick Thompson
Expert
I have the same set up as you do, and printing has not been an issue. I have had a few issues however that I assumed were AC related. I eventually discovered (the hard way) I had 2 bad things going on. First, and directly effecting plotting, was a bad font. The other was a bad memory chip, which you can test with the hardware restore CD that came with the G5. Instructions are in the manual. Have you called Apple support?


Duane wrote:
I'm running a MAC OSX 10.3.1 on a dual 2 ghz G5.

I can't print out of 8.1, it crashes immediately upon selecting the print dialogue box. I have reinstalled 8.1 to no avail.

I sent the file to my G4 running OSX 10.3.1, but it also would not print.

I downloaded the 8.1 v1 1410 patch but it wouldn't install, indicating that the folder contained improer language.

Can anyone offer any help.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Duane wrote:
I can't print out of 8.1, it crashes immediately upon selecting the print dialogue box. I have reinstalled 8.1 to no avail.
You can't print to what? Which printer? Network? Setup?
ethernet/can't print to Xante Accel-a-writer
usb/can't print to Epson Stylus 2200
immediately when I go to the print dialogue box the program crashes
I downloaded the 8.1 v1 1410 patch but it wouldn't install, indicating that the folder contained improer language.
Of course it won't, it is for the International version. Wait for the US one, check on http://tr.graphisoftus.com/
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to second the bad ram answer. We had a G4, 800hz 1024 ram that had a bad 512 chip. The computer did alot of strange, but on the most part, benign things. Occasionally, it refused to print and if you hit print more than once, it would freeze the entire computer. Ran the hardware diagnostic disk from apple and the ram showed bad 5 times out of 12 runs. Not every time! Replace the chip, (Most chips have a lifetime warranty) and the computer has a new personality, very agreeable! The other thing to check, run the disk utility and repair permissions. Seems like every time you run any installer, you have to go back and repair permissions. The last time we did this, it repaired hundreds of files relating to Epson printing.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!