Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

"Archicad cannot run on a terminal server client"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have set up this cool device that allows me to use my main comupter in several different locations without having to buy several fully functioning computers.

I can then just hook up a second mouse, keyboard and monitor and wallah, I have a fully functioning computer working off my main machine but at a different location.

I have one of these set up near my plotter with the idea of printing from the separate secondary computer I set up there.

The problem is when I try to access Archicad, I get the following error message:

"Archicad cannot run on a terminal server client"

and I can only open up Archicad in Demo mode.

Is there anything I can do to get Archicad working in both locations without having to buy another expensive computer and another full version of Archicad (which would be a waste since I can only work on one at a time sine I'm a one man shop)?

Thanks in advance
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad 10 allows you to print/plot in demo mode, so based on your description it should work anyway. Did you tried to plug the hardware key to the terminal ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
There isn't a usb port on the device I am using so I can't plug in my key.

When I plot, I find errors and want to change them on the spot, so I need the ability to open the full version too.

No way, no how?
__archiben
Booster
without trying to sound the least bit sarcastic (honest!) . . . have you thought about creating a network or buying a laptop?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I already have a peer to peer network, which doesn't allow me to do anything related to my question, and the whole point is to not have to buy another $3500 computer
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Archicad should work via terminal server, if there is a protection key available at the server. Are you using Windows Remote Desktop or something else?
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using a device called a PC Expanion (LC 200), see:

http://www.pcexpanion.com/ncomputing/products/typel200.php

It connects via my network and signs in as a distinct user allowing up to ten people to work off of the same machine at the same time. It's a really great device to expand the use of one pc

The error message seems to be Archicad related and I cant find a work around. I can use every other program just fine.

I really need this to work, do you have any suggestions?
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
If you use a NET key, then it should work. If you use a single key, then you have to use it as if it was a network key. Install and run the wibu keyserver, and (since the key is attached to the same machine that is running Archicad) set your wibu control panel to use server 127.0.0.1 (localhost)

You can get the keyserver here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/WIBU.html
Gergely Kmethy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome, I'm tryinng this as we speak, but I cannot figure out how to open the WIBU control panel. I'm sure it's right underneath my nose, but can you point me in the right direction as to where to find it?

FYI:

I looked in the space at the bottom of the screen that has the autoload icons and found WIBU Key Server, but when I click on it, it just shows a status screen.

I looked in progam manager and found a WIBU-Key folder but there was no control panel listed.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It's in the Windows control panel. check the network tab.
Gergely Kmethy