cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

2D symbol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Need help with a library part imported from DXF/3DS to archicad.

I tried the method of sketchup to import but only made the object more complicated so transformed it into 3DS and imported.

It works perfect but the problem is the 2D symbol it as too much lines (information) and I want to clean it.

the image is the object on the right and the fill symbol that i want.

How do I make my object with that symbol. I already went the object and it is using the PROJECT2 3,270,2 script for 2D but I want the fill one.

Can someone help?
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
Knock out the constructed symbol.

Copy the ideal symbol, paste into 2D symbol window. Add fill.

Project2 is used only when you will be tilting the thing and need it to update, but a crapper is always the same orientation, eh?

Usually, the 3ds has no premade symbol - in that case you just delete line segments until it is clean enough.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Done but I had to put the "!" in the project2. Thank you...every day one step ahead in AC
Anonymous
Not applicable
And for the elevation of the object? How do I insert a 2D symbol?
The easiest would be to have separate objects. If you want multiple symbols in one object, investigate the FRAGMENT2 command.

Fragments are like layers in the 2D symbol. Draw each symbol's geometry on a different fragment. You will want a parameter to choose between the symbols.

! parameter "symType" chooses symbol

! In Parameter script:
VALUES 'symType' 'Plan', 'Elevation'

! In 2D script:
IF symType='Plan' THEN FRAGMENT2 1, 0 ! plan geometry on fragment 1
IF symType='Elevation' THEN FRAGMENT2 2, 0 ! elev geometry on fragment 2
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Using the Fragment2 command is easy and fast to learn.
Some basic gdl and off you go...

Please find an example that will cover most of your needs.

2D representation with background cover fill, 2D drawings set to layer 1,2,3,... etcetera

You can use this script as a template, changing the values, adding more Fragment2 commands in the 2D script, ...

Good luck