cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

2D tree elevation problem

Erick Thomas
Contributor
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with the 2D trees included in the library. In plan they work fine but in elevation it just appears a black box for each tree. Does anyone know why this happens?

Skjermbilde.JPG
Erick Thomas

AC 25
6 REPLIES 6
JGoode
Expert
Erick wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with the 2D trees included in the library. In plan they work fine but in elevation it just appears a black box for each tree. Does anyone know why this happens?
Hello, which tree object is it? What is the name of the object?
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
JGoode
Expert
Erick wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi again, I just had a look and none of the trees appear to work in 3D for me either in any of the options! No idea why this is happening.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Erick Thomas
Contributor
It's Furutrær (in norwegian), but it's the same as "pine trees" object that comes as standard in archicad
Erick Thomas

AC 25
JGoode
Expert
Erick wrote:
It's Furutrær (in norwegian), but it's the same as "pine trees" object that comes as standard in archicad
I see now. It isn't actually a 3D tree. It's just a 3D block with a custom image of the tree on it therefore it won't show in elevation. Very bizarre.

I'd recommend using the Tree Model objects. The detailed version is very slow to use.
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Erick Thomas
Contributor
Yes JGoode, but the object shows the posibility of set up the elevations also. Anyone from Graphisoft maybe knows what to do?
Erick Thomas

AC 25
Barry Kelly
That particular object is a 'billboard' style object which is why you see the board only in elevation.
If you view it in 3D (OpenGL) or do a render you will see the tree.
Elevations can't show the OpenGL images.

The elevation setting you have found will allow you to place the tree object in the elevation itself rather than the plan.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11