cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

3-d object Z value off

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am saving a fairly large file as a 3-d gsm object. When I place it on plan in a new file the Z dimensions are off. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Gary
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
G$ wrote:
I am saving a fairly large file as a 3-d gsm object. When I place it on plan in a new file the Z dimensions are off. Any help would be appreciated.
What are you saving as GSM and how are you saving it?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are doing a multi family project. I am saving each one of the units. I am doing this by looking at the model in 3-d, setting it up to view from the top az value to 90. Hitting librarys and objects and save 3-d model as - non editable object. I solved the scale problem by saving it under a new name. When I was saving it as the same name and replacing the existing file it was somehow messing with the z-value. In the script it read as 40 feet high but when I inserted the gsm part it would insert at a height of 29 feet. When I reinserted it with a new name it came in correct. Not sure why it was not replacing the file properly or if I was doing something else wrong.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Library parts created from the 3D window are stretchable in X, Y, and Z by default. This is usually not very useful since everything stretches proportionately.

In your case I am guessing that the height changed from the earlier version to the later one. The part will retain the initial default height parameter and stretch (or compress the new version accordingly). It should also be possible to fix by opening the settings and changing the part to something else and then back to the original to reset the parameters to the new defaults.