Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

3DS objects into Archicad?

TomWaltz
Participant
I keep seeing references to an "easy way" to import 3D Studio objects into Archicad, but I can't seem to find the procedure itself.

Does anyone have a link to it?

Thanks!
Tom Waltz
8 REPLIES 8
stefan
Advisor
CHeck this thread:
http://www.graphisoft.com/community/archicad-talk/viewtopic.php?p=6647
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad28/Revit2024/Rhino8/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sequoia+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
TomWaltz
Participant
I had seen that before, but there does not appear to be a version for 8.0/.1 on their website. Although my high-school German is not quite good enough to find my way around it very well.

Is that the only way?
Tom Waltz
stefan
Advisor
There is a version for ArchiCAD 8.0 in this thread. But it doesn't work with ArchiCAD 8.1

The fastest way to kill of all freeware API-plugins: modify the SDK with every update/patch.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad28/Revit2024/Rhino8/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sequoia+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
TomWaltz
Participant
oops... sorry about that. I just grabbed the 7 one.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Helpp.....I have a lot of 3ds objects that i usualy convert in zoom gdl to gsm objects. But some of them do not open in zoom gdl ( it gives an error, normally in more hard surfaces, red card to abvent...) so i thougt it could be possible to open them directly in archicad....

is it possible???? open a 3ds object in archicad? an then save it as a library part?....if yes....please tell me how to do that

The link described above is not working...

thank you all.
best regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
Umm"".....I convert 3d object several times.
Every now and then,
If it have segments very much. It can't open in GDL object library or
it is not repletion.
Umm"'....I thing!!... Cause! is your 3D object to make by Nurbz tool. "maybe maybe"
Anonymous
Not applicable
My woodhorse with joy in archicad
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
I keep seeing references to an "easy way" to import 3D Studio objects into Archicad, but I can't seem to find the procedure itself.

Does anyone have a link to it?

Thanks!
I usually save the 3D model (from Rhino) as a .dwg, open the .dwg in AC8 (doesn't work in 8.1 for me) and then I create a .gsm-object or a hotlinked .pln or whatever suits my needs. The attachment shows a lofted tunnel section originally from Rhino (could also be from 3DS).

Mats
export_from_rhino.jpg