Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC LIBRARY WINDOWS ETC. line definitions NEEDED

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have fought with AC Libraries for years and this time I thought that it would be nice to make the windows accurate and not just something close to what I wanted. However, the AC Library has lots of variations..but no place can I find out what each of the options are and why....what is a set back? or etc,? theses are not terms that we use today on the West Coast of the USA. Is there a print out of what all in AC 11's library means ? and how to use it. OR MUST WE GO AND BUY something different and that too is a crap shoot I would imagine.
Ideas ...?
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
atelier wrote:
Ideas ...?
Learn some manners...
Use your brain instead of fighting and check out the many tabs of the setting's box for each tool. You might discover a tab that graphic defines each setting ...
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika -
I am so sorry that you misread my honest problem.
The terms and variations are not in a form that is standard for USA construction. There must be some logic to AC 11's format....If the complete system were spelled out as a diagram on a sheet of paper it would make life so much easier for us all...OK ? Yes there is a start at this but the inter relationships extend well beyond what is shown.
Erich
Booster
Being an architect working on the West Coast of the USA, I do not find I have any issues with the window parts description. They all seem clear and fairly accurate to what I might call things.

Of course some terms such as "set back" that you reference don't have any real name. Therefore Graphisoft must come up with some term to describe a dimensional variable that we might want to change. If you regularly talk with different window manufactures you will find that they all have slightly different terms for describing the same thing. You just have to get in there and fiddle with the settings and learn the language. This is no different from real life.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Atelier,
I thought you had a valid question...you might want to read through the two AC9_SE_Illustrated PDF's. They were distributed with the SE Libraries and you can find them on the GSUS Tech page.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Erich wrote:
You just have to get in there and fiddle with the settings and learn the language. This is no different from real life.
Trial & error works, but not always very fast. I'm for better documentation (or a clean graphic interface).
I know I could have put my kid's play-set together without instructions .... but it was easier/faster with them.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)