cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Adding Downloaded Objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded a few objects from Archibase.net, saved them to my flash drive, and then put them on my desktop. When I try to add them (from library manager) they don't add into the library (I click on it and then click "add"). How can I get these items into my library?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Library parts must be in a folder.
Put your parts in a folder, name it,
and put the folder into your Archicad folder.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im having similiar problem here
I have downloaded few .gsm files ( AC objects library parts), Ive put them all in one directory called "NEW".
Then went to library manager, browesed for "NEW", in the left window, then higlighted the AC 10 library in the right window, and presed add button.
After I closed the manager, I got warning "duplicate library parts", probaly because I already tried loading them few times
...but anyway, even if they are loaded, when I select window tool and then go to settings dialog, I cant find new objects
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Mario wrote:
...but anyway, even if they are loaded, when I select window tool and then go to settings dialog, I cant find new objects
Mario:

Are you sure that the parts you loaded are windows?

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes!
If you want Ill send you one, for you to try...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Library parts must be in a folder.
Put your parts in a folder, name it,
and put the folder into your Archicad folder.
Peter Devlin
Well, actually, you can add/load parts individually but it is a real pain (not to mention bad practice). Most firms I have worked with keep the default library along with any 3rd party libraries and the office standards together on the server, and keep separate project libraries in their respective folders.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Mario wrote:
Then went to library manager, browesed for "NEW", in the left window, then higlighted the AC 10 library in the right window, and presed add button.
That could be part of your problem right there. Just select the New folder and either drag it into the active libraries pane on the right, or hit the >> Add >> button. There is no need to select anything in the right pane - essentially what you're doing is selecting and available library (or part) and adding it to the Active Libraries.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wrong all the time
its an object (frame around an window) not an window.
Link, thanx man!
I got that part wrong also