Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Archibase.com models...problem??

ICEdevil
Newcomer
I have a problem with some of the archibase models...

i needed a bar rack so after browsing those unsearchable and stupidly organised cattegories, i found some objects, downloaded them and imported them in the archicad library...

the problem is, they do not display the materials in the picture, they ony have a standard grey color for every item of the object (ex: glass, wood, metal are all rendered in gray)...this one for ex: http://www.archibaseplanet.com/download/20257.html

any solutions?
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2 GB DDR, Nvidia geforce 6600GT, Win XP SP2
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a common problem. The archibase models don't always have the material definitions correctly set up. You can add them yourself but it can be a pain. The example model you gave seems to be split up into component parts in the 3d script, so it would be relatively easy to identify each part and give each one a material.

Also be aware it has nearly 50,000 polygons! This is as many as my entire building I'm working on.

See here for further info and a link where I describe how to add materials -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=137900
Dwight
Newcomer
ICEdevil wrote:
after browsing those unsearchable and stupidly organised cattegories,
I will not be sending you a horse.
Dwight Atkinson
This is one of the object unwisely converted from 3ds...a lot of the Archibase objects are like that. The proper conversion requires knowledge of GDL so the object could be usable for wider public, which (the GDL knowlegde) the most people uploading on Archibase do not have...

Anyway it is also a big object...I would not use it unless absolutely necessary (IMHO the margin of usefull 3ds converts ends on 1 MB size)

Best Regards,
Piotr
ICEdevil
Newcomer
Dwight wrote:
ICEdevil wrote:
after browsing those unsearchable and stupidly organised cattegories,
I will not be sending you a horse.
i don't get it... )
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
Dwight
Newcomer
It means that you are ungrateful.
Dwight Atkinson
ICEdevil
Newcomer
Piotr wrote:
This is one of the object unwisely converted from 3ds...a lot of the Archibase objects are like that. The proper conversion requires knowledge of GDL so the object could be usable for wider public, which (the GDL knowlegde) the most people uploading on Archibase do not have...

Anyway it is also a big object...I would not use it unless absolutely necessary (IMHO the margin of usefull 3ds converts ends on 1 MB size)

Best Regards,
Piotr
i need it for a project at school...it would be extremely painful to build it frum scratch...
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
ICEdevil
Newcomer
Dwight wrote:
It means that you are ungrateful.
i'm sorry...but that site claims to have objects that are useful...when in fact they are not, because they are not converted properly...

and they are organised in such a way that you cannnot search for a specific cattegory in any way other than scolling with the mouse over 100000 categories...
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
ICEdevil wrote:
...it would be extremely painful to build it frum scratch...
No, it will not! This is very easy to buiid with just walls and slabs, especially if you observe it for a distance.

If this is difficult for you, you really should spend more time with the Manual! And the Tutorials!
Erika Epstein
Booster
kliment wrote:
ICEdevil wrote:
...it would be extremely painful to build it frum scratch...
No, it will not! This is very easy to buiid with just walls and slabs, especially if you observe it for a distance.

If this is difficult for you, you really should spend more time with the Manual! And the Tutorials!
Aren't you in school to learn?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!