BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad - Archicad translater system

Samuel1997
Booster

Hey guys, our current office issue is that when copying elements / attributes from past projects, into our new template, we are struggling to control attributes imported. Is there a system to import Archicad file blocks, using custom translator, similar to that of dwg block import. 

For example past layer names to be replaced with the new layer names - exact same as the dwg translator has the option to do (by name rather than index number). This goes for fills / surfaces / line types.

As i've created a new template based from a ridiculous outdated one, everything from the ground up has been modified to be correct. 

Cheers for any help guys, kind regards samuel H

AC24
Win11 | 12th gen i-7 | 32GB | RTX 3070 Ti
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samuel1997
Booster

I ended up stumbling across a system which majority or what i wanted to do, the only annoying difference is that the original file must be migrated first to the latest used Archicad version, then the attributes can be exchanged via txt file, which also to add, the post below was incorrect for our office system. I had to use notepad to open the txt file, and copy the replacement attribute names into each row requiring substitution. (Using a tab to separate) Otherwise using the method linked via excel, i got incorrect file type errors each time. 

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Replace-Attributes-by-File-Automate-Attribute-M...

Please find attached example below

native export.pngtxt translator import.png

AC24

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Samuel1997
Booster

I ended up stumbling across a system which majority or what i wanted to do, the only annoying difference is that the original file must be migrated first to the latest used Archicad version, then the attributes can be exchanged via txt file, which also to add, the post below was incorrect for our office system. I had to use notepad to open the txt file, and copy the replacement attribute names into each row requiring substitution. (Using a tab to separate) Otherwise using the method linked via excel, i got incorrect file type errors each time. 

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-data-BIM/Replace-Attributes-by-File-Automate-Attribute-M...

Please find attached example below

native export.pngtxt translator import.png

AC24
Learn and get certified!