Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Auditorium Seating

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone, I'm a student and new at archicad. I'm designing a small theater for a project. I am almost done, but I need to find an auditorium or theater like seating to place in the seating area. I have been searching through the forum messages for the past two weeks with no luck. Can someone please help me.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Badandy

In Archicad10 Basic Library > Furnishing > Chairs is Audience seating 10 (I found it using the "Find library parts" option in object settings, keyword "seat"). Does this do what you want?

If you had your AC version in your signature, it would help people know which libraries are applicable.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much.My bad....I never thought of putting up my version. I have ArchiCad 9 student version. Which doesn't use a couple of the add ons I've tried like ArchiTerra. So will I be able to get that object without having ArchiCad 10?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have ArchiCad 9 student version.
Since you are a student, you can just download AC 10 from this website for free!

I think you won't be able to open your AC 9 project in the AC 10 software, so you will have to remodel the design. However, getting into the newest version of the software is very beneficial and opens yourself up to new options and possiblitlies.
Anonymous
Not applicable
O.k. Unfortunately, my deadline for this project is right around the corner. I spent about a month designing it and would not be able to re-design it in ArchiCad 10. I am really desperate right now, can anyone send me an object that would look like an audience seat??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help me out here??
badandy_svg wrote:
O.k. Unfortunately, my deadline for this project is right around the corner. I spent about a month designing it and would not be able to re-design it in ArchiCad 10. I am really desperate right now, can anyone send me an object that would look like an audience seat??
Well, you wouldn't have to re-design it, just migrate the file (of course, I can see not wanting to attempt this at the zero hour). My best advice (short of someone coming up with an object for your use) would be to take one of the standard chairs from the AC library and manipulate the parameters to approximate those of an audience seat -- sometimes you don't need to be "exact" to get the idea across...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
badandy_svg wrote:
Can anyone help me out here??
Try objects online (link below to auditorium seating object) but make sure before you bye it that you contact them and ask if it works for the student version.

www.objectsonline.com/customer/search.php?substring=chair&neww=&in_category=&page=3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
My best advice (short of someone coming up with an object for your use) would be to take one of the standard chairs from the AC library and manipulate the parameters to approximate those of an audience seat -- sometimes you don't need to be "exact" to get the idea across...
I did exactly this recently (just before AC10 came out, so not THAT recently, actually) with a chair with arms, arrayed so the arms overlapped the adjacent seat. Worked well enough, although would have created a few extra polygons for the render.
seats.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive completed an auditorium design recently and found excellent seating in the GDL object depository. Its called Foraform Furniture Library and is stored under the 'Furnishings' catagory. Once downloaded the seating can be found in the file 'Public Area'

Hope this helps

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!