Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Bolt object adjustment

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey,

Who can tweak the code on a 2D bolt that I have so that the nut and washer doesn't' shrink and stretch when I adjust the length?

I'd appreciate some help on that. I see that it works on a great bolt that you can make into a carriage bolt and such, I want it to work that way on this lag bolt that I have. I'm a little tired of having to choose Lag 4, Lag 6....depending on the bolt length I want.

I imagine if you know what you are doing it would only take a little time.

Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Derek,

First of all I want to give a big thanks to power users of the forum. Without them, those of us without a ton of time to study all the documentation would have a hard time learning the finer points of GDL. A special thanks to Tom Waltz for taking the time to look over my script and giving it a good review!! (Not sure what I’d have written if it had been bad) I hope that all new members appreciate that these people are taking time out of there own lives to help us out.

Well, it’s done. I set it up to have a minimum length of 2”. There is no maximum. You may also notice that anything less than 5” will be “All Thread”. This is because anything I found Online was manufactured in this way. If you choose to not have “All Thread” on, then the threads will be half the length of the bolt(measured from the underside of the head, to the point), plus ½”, again this seems to be the norm. I picked the hotspots based on how I would normally place it (plus a couple of extras) but if you would like to add more or remove existing ones I can do that for you. I see in your signature that you are using AC10. I use versions 9 & 11 so I’m sending it to you saved in version 9. Check it out and see if it works for you. If you have any questions or would like to see something changed let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

Doug