cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Changing section/elevation marker location

TomWaltz
Participant
I know with 8.1 we can now set the section/elevation markers to either display as section or elevation.

It was a great improvement, but now I'm trying to find if there is a way to "slide" the marker along the section line.

By default, it places one "point" on the center of the section line. I'm trying to move it away from that point. It seems to be hardwired into the section command, since the marker objects only seem to draw themselves, not generate the section line.

Should I be filling out a wish-list item for this?
Tom Waltz
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew-

Thanks. It does make some sense - those were the conclusions I came to from reading the rest of the thread a few times. Now I've just got to figure out how make the parameter do something in my GDL script!

Wes
Paul King
Mentor
Miquel wrote:
Plus, the lenght of the section line matches the lenght of the section. Sometimes I would like to show a lenght graphically in plan, but with a different lenght (more or less) in the section drawing.

Now we have some parameters to alter the behaviour of the section line (vertical and horizontal limits, distant elements, etc) Why don't add an extent parameter that you can drag in plan?
+1,
After all these years, very annoying that it is not yet possible for a section marker at each end to slide inwards along a section line to where it makes most sense graphically in plan, while allowing the extent of section views cut to extend much further
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Pertti Paasky
Expert
Hi there.
I have had the same problem I think.
I hope this marker helps.
- AC-24 FIN - WIN 10 - HP Zbook -
“A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.”
George M. Moore, Jr.
Paul wrote:
+1,
After all these years, very annoying that it is not yet possible for a section marker at each end to slide inwards along a section line to where it makes most sense graphically in plan, while allowing the extent of section views cut to extend much further
Might be a nice feature, but "very annoying"? Just throw on a linked section marker and put the "real" marker on a hidden layer. Might take 6 or 7 seconds rather than 4 or 5. You'll get more graphical flexibility in staggered sections, too.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Paul King
Mentor
Richard wrote:
Paul wrote:
+1,
Might be a nice feature, but "very annoying"? Just throw on a linked section marker and put the "real" marker on a hidden layer. Might take 6 or 7 seconds rather than 4 or 5. You'll get more graphical flexibility in staggered sections, too.
There are certainly workarounds for many shortcomings, but that doesn't make passive acceptance the right attitude IMHO; and here the behaviour is positively inconsistent (when switching to a single central marker, the marker can be easily dragged away from the actual section cut line), and it should be easy to remedy, yet it has been left unremedied for many years and ArchiCAD versions - hence the 'annyoing'description
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop