cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Corner Window

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I show a corner window without frame at the joint corner. I just need a silicone joint at the corner.

I made a window but the "Corner Window Tool" did not recognize it, why?
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yamil,
I am not sure you can auto-script a corner window.
You could model the window by putting in an empty corner window
and then using the slab tool draw in the glass.
If you need stops model those with the wall tool and the slab tool.
I just did this and it looks good.
Peter Devlin
shute
Newcomer
Peter wrote:
Yamil,
I am not sure you can auto-script a corner window.
You could model the window by putting in an empty corner window
and then using the slab tool draw in the glass.
If you need stops model those with the wall tool and the slab tool.
I just did this and it looks good.
Peter Devlin

I'm new, may I ask

1) how to make a corner window 'empty'?

2) after make a window (or exactly, a pieces of glass) using slab tool, how to handle the glass edge that is to form the corner with another piece of glass. they do not joint like same type of walls usually do.

many thanks!
iMac i7 16G / MBP 13" 2.9 i7 8G / Mac mini's - OS X 10.8 - AC 11/12/13/15 [Australia]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Insert a corner window with the dimensions you want then
hit the little square button in the info box to make it an
empty corner window. To make the glass, draw an "L" shape
with the slab tool. This will make the glass continuous around
the corner.
Peter Devlin
shute
Newcomer
Peter wrote:
Insert a corner window with the dimensions you want then
hit the little square button in the info box to make it an
empty corner window. To make the glass, draw an "L" shape
with the slab tool. This will make the glass continuous around
the corner.
Peter Devlin
Thank you Peter.

I've made the wallhole by empty window as you taught me.

the problem comes with the glass.

if simply use slab tool to make a L shape (or any shape) glass, it's OK;

but if I try to make it to become a gdl (save as .gsm), the glass has to be drawn facing down. now, I have to add another piece on the edge to form the L shape. when they turned to a gdl, the two pieces do not merge.

What should I do?

Thank you!
iMac i7 16G / MBP 13" 2.9 i7 8G / Mac mini's - OS X 10.8 - AC 11/12/13/15 [Australia]
David Maudlin
Rockstar
shute wrote:
but if I try to make it to become a gdl (save as .gsm), the glass has to be drawn facing down. now, I have to add another piece on the edge to form the L shape. when they turned to a gdl, the two pieces do not merge.

What should I do?
shute:

When saving the slab from the 3D window as a library part, set the 3D view to Top View (not Side View is normally done) so that the slab will be set to the correct rotation you need in this case. The view set in the 3D window becomes the top view when translated to a library part.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
shute
Newcomer
Many thanks David:)
Srinivas
Booster
Will this be of any help?

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=15326&start=10
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
shute
Newcomer
David wrote:
When saving the slab from the 3D window as a library part, set the 3D view to Top View (not Side View is normally done) so that the slab will be set to the correct rotation you need in this case. The view set in the 3D window becomes the top view when translated to a library part.
Hi David,

I set it top view but still couldn't fix it.

I reckon it has nothing to do with the view in 3D mode when saving it to a library object. otherwise if we set it to a view with any angle it would not know where is top.

According to a how-to file(I would get the link as soon as I get back home), when drawing a window using slab tool, it has to be drawing facing down.

Have you done this by set it as top view?

many thanks.

Shute
shute
Newcomer
Srinivas wrote:
Will this be of any help?

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=15326&start=10
Thank you for the link Srinivas. In Australian version I'm using, it has no corner frame option as in German one.