Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Door Handles

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I created custom door handle, but when I create door and choose custom handle, only tick symbol appears in the list. Is this a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you all.
6 REPLIES 6
alemanda
Advocate
You should save the part as handle.
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
I actually saved it as handle in the embedded library, but no luck...
Anonymous
Not applicable
smirnoff wrote:
I actually saved it as handle in the embedded library, but no luck...
Any luck on this one smirnoff? I encountered the same thing but I was able to create several custom door handles before everything went downhill. Since I still have the custom door handles in 3D, removed the embedded door handles and saved them all again as a door handle. They started to appear again without the tick but I kept getting an error (refer to attachment). I've done everything: deleted cache, reboot ArchiCAD, reboot PC, reload libraries, etc but the error still appears every time I open the Door List.

Hope someone has an answer for this one.
JaseBee
Advocate
I've gotten this problem in 21, saved a custom door handle, fine, add it to our main library, doesn't show up in the list anymore... Make a new one, fine, but original still doesn't show up... So Frustrating
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
JaseBee
Advocate
And now none show up at all, newly created, in any library or embedded.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello All,

I have tried it in the latest build of ARCHICAD 21 (5021), and didn't experience this. I think something must have happened to the objects in your projects.
Generally I would say that somehow the subtype of the Handles must have changed from "Custom Handle" to something else, or (based on Aissa Llanto's error message) library parts became corrupted, and now they can't run properly.

If you experience this again, first please open your custom handle in the GDL Editor, and check if the subtype is "Custom Handle". If it is OK and/or you get an error message as well, please send me a PLA version of your file in a Private Message, so that I can take a look and see if it is a bug, or something file specific.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit