Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Panel doors less of aperture.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, All!
There are some kinds of doors in which shutters of less aperture. How to do them in ArchiCAD?
Likely, many know a way of creation of doors where the form of an aperture is set by overlapping with ID "Wallhole". But I wish to consider a way of creation of the door panel which can be inserted into doors from standard library. I have tried to represent and describe creation of the Custom panel. Look the image. I hope, it will be useful somebody.

Saloon Door ENG.gif
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Valery,
What happens when you save your door panel
as a custom door panel and try to use it in a
standard Archicad door ? I suspect that Archicad
will stretch your door panel vertically to fill the
finish opening. If this is true, maybe you could,
in the 3D script, make your panel be the full height
of the opening and then perform two subgroup operations
to cut the top and bottom of the panel to the shape you want.
I am hoping that Archicad will think that the door panel
is full height and will not stretch it vertically.
This is probably a really dumb idea but maybe worth a try.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
What happens when you save your door panel as a custom door panel and try to use it in a standard Archicad door ? I suspect that Archicad will stretch your door panel vertically to fill the finish opening. If this is true, ...
This is true.
I could make changes in a 3D-script, but it cannot do the majority of users ArchiCAD. Therefore I have made this example for them. In an example two important conditions.
1. The Panel (leaf) should be saved from the plan of a floor.
2. Together with the Panel (leaf) is necessary to saved and the drawn contour of an aperture.
Then ArchiCAD will write down the maximal sizes which are present at a contour of an aperture.