cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Window Opening Oversize

Anonymous
Not applicable
How could I use Opening Oversize with custom-made-window?

I made a custom window Library Part with slabs for the rim, the sash and the glass. Used a slab with a Wallhole ID for the wall opening, with the same dimensions as the window.

The new window has options for Opening Oversize, but they are not working, though it accepts the numbers. It also behaves strangely when selected - it does not show the window hotspots, but only the Window Marker's hotspots. It can be selected by the window sides though.

Opening Oversize is a very valuable option for technical drawings and do not want to deprive myself from using it. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Frank Beister
Advisor
Have a look into thedetail settings of your window. It should contain the oversize parameters in the oversize fields.
You have to react on this in your script by something like

overA=A+oversizeenabled*oversizeX

May this be a hint.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Kliment,
An autoscripted window does not enable oversizing.
You need to open the library part for editing and
open the "Details" panel which is a button at the
very top above the parameters list.
Notice that there are four text fields that refer to oversizing.
You need to enter in each field the appropriate
parameter name. These are parameter names for oversizing that
appear in the parameter list and need to be correctly spelled.
In the right side oversize text field type in ac_right_oversize or,
the exact name for this parameter in your version of AC.
Type in the appropriate parameter name for each of the
four text fields. This should enable opening oversizing.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your response!

I actually played a little with the Details but it turned out to be too complicated for my poor Architect's brain! Even my 1-year Engineering education didn't help either! Scripting is just not my way of making things happen!

So I went for an classic Window Ribbon and an extra layer for a wall for the transom. This way I have my Oversize for the Technical Drawings and the transom for the 3D visualization. Viewed from a distance no one will see which part of the window is openable and which not!