BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Window Sash Configuration

4hotshoes
Advisor
I was hoping that Archicad could create these windows with grids along the top of the windows. But I have not found a way to do it. In Chief Architect, this is not a problem. How can these be created in Archicad?

I am concerned about the multiple shapes and sizes of windows and how much work it will be to keep the proportions or how much work it will be to build them in 3D, if I must. Any advice?
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
The closest I can find in the default library is to play with the sash grid options.
There seems to be a bug when you adjust the division height though and I can't see a way to control the dividing frame size.
This is the AUS library I am using - other language versions may be different.

Otherwise it will be a case of drawing the lines on the elevations or if needed in 3D use beams and columns (slabs or walls) - not ideal I know.
Or maybe you could use the railing tool as that could be stretched and automatically place the verticals at the spacings you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
4hotshoes
Advisor
My USA version does not have a Basic window nor the options you show on your tool page for sash options. We have preset sash styles, with some that do not work. But that would be nice.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you really need to, you might be able to grab the window and relevant macros from the INT version which I am pretty sure has the same windows as AUS.

What is so different / special about the US door and window requirements that it requires the replacement of the entire library? This is not the first time we have seen had people run into issues that could easily be solved with the INT library...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!