Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door Markers With Hotlinked Modules

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on a multi-unit housing building and we are using hotlinked modules for the individual apartments. I have followed the steps in this article in order to give the objects within the module unique ID numbers based on their room number.

http://archicadsa.org/2013/06/11/archicad-17-new-feature-management-of-hotlinked-modules/

I am running into a problem with the doors within the module however. I have numbered the instance of the hotlink module "213". Within the module, I have named the door "A" so that the door will be named "213A" in the master file. This works correctly as when I look at the properties within the master file, the ID of the door is "213A". However, the door marker which is set to show the Door ID only displays "A" (see image). It is soooo close to working, but not quite there. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 3.03.57 PM.png
17 REPLIES 17
matjashka
Advocate
In Marker Settings, specify Marker Content to show Room & Door ID.
They will be displayed in two lines, first one being the Zone number and second being the door ID.

If you want to take this further:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=48107
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Anonymous
Not applicable
I suppose my question though is:

If the Door's ID is already C213A, why does that not show in the marker?
matjashka
Advocate
When handling the automatic numbering in modules/hotlinks, it is normal for the door in the module to only display the ID (A), and not the room number (123A), because there is no zone to pull the number from -- that zone is located in your master file.

If you go to the master file and type a manual ID in the property dialog box, the marker will not change because the door is in your module and therefore is locked, but when you close the dialog box it should display both zone and ID on the plan.

If your door stubbornly refuses to pull the zone/room ID when you look at the master file floor plan, it probably means you need to fix the zone on at least one side of the door.
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I think I understand. My last question on the matter is this:
I have the tag displaying the room # from the zone now, but if the layer with the zone is turned off, the marker goes blank. Does this layer have to be on in order for the marker to properly display?
matjashka
Advocate
This is the behavior you will experience when you turn the zone layer off.

In order to maintain marker appearance with room names removed, use Model View Options and Hide Zone Stamp in Override Fill Display section.
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Anonymous
Not applicable
DSquad96 wrote:
I suppose my question though is:

If the Door's ID is already C213A, why does that not show in the marker?
Hi, I understand you perfectly - DSquad96 - the door should show the master id of the hotlink in it's marker...it has nothing to do with the zone... look at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=235152#235152.....
I have the same issue....I understand that it will work in AC19.?......but I am not a GDL guru....so I'd like a step by step manual how to fix the marker if you are not a GDL guru....anyone?
Thanks!
matjashka
Advocate
Hi Claudia,
My office is still using v16 and reciprocal pulling of Master IDs back into the module is not available to us.
This does not prevent me from previewing the combined Zone+Door IDs because I have one typical Master floor (and its zones) manually hotlinked back to the module with the option "Skip nested modules" turned on. Maybe this is too old school, but my project is specifically organized to make this possible.

(pardon my curiosity, but if a module is inserted on multiple floors - for example in zones 121, 221, 321, 421, etc. -, how do you determine which ID from the master file is the correct one to be shown in the module...? this is an arbitrary decision)
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
matjashka wrote:
(pardon my curiosity, but if a module is inserted on multiple floors - for example in zones 121, 221, 321, 421, etc. -, how do you determine which ID from the master file is the correct one to be shown in the module...? this is an arbitrary decision)
The Master ID is a field that can be set separately for each placed instance of each Hotlinked Module. So the Full ID of elements in each instance of a Hotlink can be different.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
matjashka
Advocate
Thanks Laszlo. My apologies. I now understand what is the problem that the OP is experiencing. People want to create combined door IDs from nesting modules instead of relying on zones.
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
AC 10 ... 26 USA