Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door Markers With Hotlinked Modules

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on a multi-unit housing building and we are using hotlinked modules for the individual apartments. I have followed the steps in this article in order to give the objects within the module unique ID numbers based on their room number.

http://archicadsa.org/2013/06/11/archicad-17-new-feature-management-of-hotlinked-modules/

I am running into a problem with the doors within the module however. I have numbered the instance of the hotlink module "213". Within the module, I have named the door "A" so that the door will be named "213A" in the master file. This works correctly as when I look at the properties within the master file, the ID of the door is "213A". However, the door marker which is set to show the Door ID only displays "A" (see image). It is soooo close to working, but not quite there. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 3.03.57 PM.png
17 REPLIES 17
Matt Balaam
Advocate
DSquad96 wrote:
I am running into a problem with the doors within the module however. I have numbered the instance of the hotlink module "213". Within the module, I have named the door "A" so that the door will be named "213A" in the master file. This works correctly as when I look at the properties within the master file, the ID of the door is "213A". However, the door marker which is set to show the Door ID only displays "A" (see image). It is soooo close to working, but not quite there. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!
ClaudiaDeGoede wrote:
I have the same issue....I understand that it will work in AC19.?......but I am not a GDL guru....so I'd like a step by step manual how to fix the marker if you are not a GDL guru....anyone?
Thanks!
This issue happens because Graphisoft somewhat "rushed" the Master ID into ArchiCAD and didn't have time to make it available to GDL objects. Because zone markers are GDL objects they are not able to access the Master ID of the elements hence only the "A" showing up in the zone stamp in the original example.

At this stage there is no way around this (using GDL to access the Master ID) until the Master ID is made accessible to GDL in a future version of ArchiCAD.

As you say DSquad96, soooo close to working but not quite there!
AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is my understanding that this should work with the AC18 4020 update:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=235152&highlight=#235152

Based on that post you may be able to modify your GDL code (if you are comfortable with it) and make it work in AC18.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Matt Balaam
Advocate
laszlonagy wrote:

Wow that one slipped in quietly! Thanks for the heads-up, that will come in very handy!

Makes my previous post completely obsolete
AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, but I think you will still have to modify those GDL objects.
Matt Balaam
Advocate
laszlonagy wrote:
Yes, but I think you will still have to modify those GDL objects.
We only use custom zone stamps anyway so that will be fine.

Before I go and test it do you know if it works in property scripts as that is where I really want it to be available?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, that is a good question but in theory I see no reason why it shouldn't. These REQEUST commands are usually not something that work only in certain scripts (like e.g. the UI commands in the User Interface Script).
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:

Based on that post you may be able to modify your GDL code (if you are comfortable with it) and make it work in AC18.
Hi laszlonagy, ok but what to do if I am not a GDL guru??? Can someone edit the eg zone stamp 2 18 and the door 18 and make it available to download eg on bim components?....(GDL does not make much sence to me )
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have not scripted GDL for a long time myself.
So yes, if someone has the time and inclination, they can do it.

From the fact that this fix came with AC18 build 4020, I assume that default library objects will work to take advantage of this in the next release of ArchiCAD.

But you can make a wish if you would like Graphisoft to include modified objects that take advantage of this in an AC18 library hotfix, for example.