Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door/Window Arrow

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you change the door and window arrow for the standard archicad doors and windows to a simple arrow or something similar to what cadimage doors and windows offer? Understand you need to adjust the object, but which object?

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
You will be in for a world of hurt if you are trying to modify the GDL scripts of the standard Archicad doors and windows.
They have macro calls inside macro calls inside more macro calls so just finding the bit you need can be a challenge.

Then if you do make a change and it is in a macro and you save it with the same name it will affect all other objects it is used in (which can actually be a good thing).
But if you ever update the library your modified macro will be overwritten and you will be back to square one.

If you save it with a different name then you will have to modify every object that calls it to call the new name otherwise it won't work.
Again giving each object a new name so they don't get overwritten in any library updates.

If you don't have the option of modifying it within the parameters of the object (I don't know as I don't use the standard doors and windows) and unless you are pretty good at GDL scripting then I would probably just accept what you have or find an alternative source such as Cadimage.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Found what I was after cheers mate... changing the OpeningLines macro. Understand it is something you would have to do with each issue, but it is a once off with each new edition of Archicad.
Eduardo Rolon
You will need to do it every time that the Library is updated which usually is about twice during each major release.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!