cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door and Window labels

Anonymous
Not applicable
We need better control of door and window labeling. I need to use a 20/62 triple.. if I use a triple unit, it is labeled "6-4 x 6-2". Then the label orientation has a mind all it's own. This was supposed to be a great timesaver.. How are others handling this?
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
The Label Tool is often very misbehaved.

We found that we can get almost any result with it, but it required a custom GDL solution.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since doors and windows are GDL objects, their labeling can be written inside objects (window/door) code. That is what I do with other objects, too. This way labeling will look correct and is done automatically. Biggest difficulty is hiding labels if not needed, since they do not have their own layer on my approach. I use white pens with PlotMaker trick or just alter GDL script to hide labels if not needed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jussi wrote:
Since doors and windows are GDL objects, their labeling can be written inside objects (window/door) code. That is what I do with other objects, too. This way labeling will look correct and is done automatically. Biggest difficulty is hiding labels if not needed, since they do not have their own layer on my approach. I use white pens with PlotMaker trick or just alter GDL script to hide labels if not needed.
Jussi, I do something similar to this as well. Instead of using white pens you can turn the wdw labels on and off with a request function

Request ("window_door_show_dim", " ", show)

Just need to be sure and set your viewsets up with the proper display options

Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I do the same,
If you go to display options / doors and windows and you can control whether or not the door and window numbers/dimensions are displayed.
You then need to make sure you redifine your view sets to reflect this.

My labels have all now become fixed in the plan, None of the "off' settings have any effect. As an example, window "3" of 5 disappeared. As an experiment I copied the adjacent label "4" and drug it in place. I now have a 1, 2,  4,  4,  4 configuration with the two end "4"s having a fake id.  I started out not being able to get the labels to show and now they wont go away! I want them to go away for an electrical plan.

Tom

Labels do not have on/off settings.

To turn them off, you hide the layer that they are in.

They can be in a different layer to the object/element that they are associated with.

If you drag a label from one element to another, you have to associate it to the new element (select label and CTRL+click on the new element) otherwise it will still read information from the original element.

Windows and doors can have 'markers' which are a bit different to labels.

They can be turned on/off in the Model View Options.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11