Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Extra script to rotate 3d text on y axis

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I have not yet started to explore the option of writing script on library parts so I have landed here for some help.

I would like to place some 3d text.
I have been using the 3d text library part. I have noticed that with this library part I can rotate the text through the "x" plane but not the "y" plane.

Could somebody please provide me with a step by step guide on how to alter the script of this library part to enable it to rotate on the "y" axis.

I am using Archicad 8.1 and the library part is found in our basic library (decoration 81)

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
you can tailor the 3d text without going through any real trouble. goto your furniture and select the text 3d object and place it in plan. select the newly places object and goto file>gdl objects>open object. then you will see the gdl scripting interface. 'save as' the object choosing a new name for it and then click ok. select the 3d script button and at the very top of the code add the line:

ROTY angleY

then goto the parameters button and click on new to create a new variable. name this variable angleY on the button to the right of the name click on it and select the angle icon and in the next text box to the right add a description. "Y-axis rotation" or something to say what this variable will do. save the object.

your new object is created to rotate on the Y-axis. goto furniture and place it. you should see the variable you added in the parameters list where you can change the Y-axis Rotation. please not that to affect the 2d symbol, it will take a little more code, and that this variable will not change its 2d symbol directly but will change the objects 3d position.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use this old object called "3DText (m)"

at this link

http://www.3Dsmile.it

CU mirco
http://www.3Dsmile.it
3dtext.jpg