Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Floor tile showing through object in plan view

Anonymous
Not applicable
The bathtub below was created from Sketchup and placed on top of a tile floor. Why is the tile floor showing through the tub? I assume something in my object settings is wrong but played around for it for a while and can't figure it out. Thx for your help.

Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 12.18.24 AM.png
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
2D plan views are not a projected plan view, you wil need to add a background fill under the bath
Scott
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Try converting the bathtub to a morph, setting it up with a cover fill and saving it again as an object.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Marc:

This thread may help if you want to edit the 2D Symbol of the object: 2D symbol of Archibase.net objects.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Marc:

This thread may help if you want to edit the 2D Symbol of the object: 2D symbol of Archibase.net objects.

David
Thx a million David;
That's exactly what I was looking for. Works like a charm. For all, here is David's workflow to accomplish this:

I think the procedure should go something like this:
1. Open the library part
2. Go to the 2D Full View window, Select All, Copy
3. Go to the 2D Symbol window, paste (this will put the 2D symbol in the correct location for the 3D model)
4. All the lines and hotspots come in on fragment 1 (like a layer), you may want to change the line fragment assignment so the lines can be more easily selected later for deletion.
5. Use the 2D tools to draw the symbol on a different fragment, using the copied lines as a guide, leave the hotspots (or add/delete hotspots as desired)
6. Select the copied lines and delete
7. Go to the 2D Script, select all, and under the Edit menu, select Comment, this will add a "!" before each line of the script so it is not read, but preserves the code
8. Save or Save As the library part

You should now have a library part with the drawn symbol in the correct location and the original 3D model. The 2D Script for this part is 2000 + lines of code, so I don't think editing the code is practical.

HTH

David